Unity: (noun) The state of being joined with others into a larger whole; being a single unit, oneness.
At my Boys & Girls Club we have all types of great people who teach us about unity!
Today we are making “Pantry Popcorn Mix!” This snack is super simple, feel free to substitute items from our ingredients list to make it your own! Remember, each of these items are awesome alone … but TOGETHER they make one pretty amazing snack!
Toss handfuls of your favorite pantry snacks in a big bowl with fresh popped popcorn and you’ve got a quick, tasty snack mix that’s perfect for movie night, birthday parties or any occasion!
Protests … Looting … Curfew and so MUCH MORE!
We thought we were living history during the COVID-19 stay at home orders … well we are REALLY witnessing history now! This last week was one for the books! While it brought so many people together, there were some times when things seemed to get a little out of hand. This week Ms. Anastasia is giving us special access to the Teen Current Events activity! Ms. Philecia and Ms. Anastasia team up to ask how the current events are making you feel.
We’ve created a new survey so that we can REALLY hear what you want to say!
Share this page with your friends so we know just what it is that you want to talk about!
Are you searching for resources to teach your children about Unity and Diversity?
If you said YES, check out the links below!
1. Celebrate Unity: https://www.kidsofintegrity.com/lessons/harmony/hands-options/celebrate-unity
2. An Age by Age Guide to Fighting Hate : https://www.parents.com/parenting/better-parenting/advice/how-to-teach-your-kids-to-fight-hate-an-age-by-age-guide/
3. Explaining Protests & Racism to Kids: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/02/parenting/kids-books-racism-protest.html
4. Teaching Tolerance: Helping your child live in a diverse world: https://www.scholastic.com/parents/family-life/social-emotional-learning/social-skills-for-kids/teaching-tolerance.html
5. 7 Activities To Teach Children About Unity: https://www.parentcircle.com/article/7-activities-to-teach-children-about-unity/